Harlowe United Cemetery
3272 Harlowe Road, North Frontenac ON
There are two sections to the Harlowe United cemetery. The south side of Harlowe Road is known as the Old and to the north, beside the church, is referred to as New. The United Church has been inactive for many years. Some of the congregation joined with Northbrook United. The church was sold to a community member and has been used for storage.
The cemetery is located approx. 1 km. west of the hamlet of Harlowe. The north section is currently in use, while the south section is not open for new lots. The oldest tombstone that is legible is dated 1892. There are over 100 tombstones/markers in the old section and over 100 in the new section. The last interred in the new section is 2018. Both sections are fenced with vegetation of trees or lilies along the boundary.
Each cemetery page describes one of the following burial situations for individuals.
a tombstone is in place for the interred
a name is on a tombstone but the person is living
a marked grave in a known location
an unmarked grave in an unknown location