Plevna/Ardoch Community Cemetery
6611 Buckshot Lake Road, Plevna ON
This cemetery was originally called Holy Trinity. The land was donated by G.W. Dawson in 1890 and it was taken over as cemetery grounds at that time. It received approval from the Ontario government official in 1968. That year, an addition was acquired at the East end of the original parcel and designated as Part A with the new part being-Part B.
Part A was always designated as an Anglican Cemetery with no religious restrictions placed upon who could be buried there. With the addition of Part B, it was then considered to be an Anglican and United Cemetery. The East end of Part B was condemned by the Department of Health. The part which was accepted has been surveyed into lots which are available for purchase. Its use as a cemetery was approved by the appropriate Government official in 1989. Part B was opened on October 16, 1989. Official ceremonies were held May 22,1990.
Take note that Clarence Tooley’s wife, Irma Black was buried on the south-east corner of Part A in a plot not identified on the Plan.
Each cemetery page describes one of the following burial situations for individuals.
a tombstone is in place for the interred
a name is on a tombstone but the person is living
a marked grave in a known location
an unmarked grave in an unknown location